In addition to the five active Havurot groups, B’nai Vail offers several opportunities for adult learning.
- Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah Preparation and Experience- Classes are offered each winter and summer
- Adult Beginning Hebrew reading for Shabbat prayer book participation- A six week summer course
- Study with Rabbi Newman- One of the monthly Havurah experiences
- Travel study to Israel- A study group in preparation for summer congregational pilgrimage to Israel
- Adult Introduction to Judaism/Conversion to Judaism- A personalized course designed to introduce Judaism to the beginning learner, and leading to but not requiring conversion. A beit-din will be convened to formalize the conversion.
Suggested Reading List for Adult Learners
- Harold Kushner, To Life! A Celebration of Jewish Being and Thinking
- Michael Strassfeld, The Jewish Holidays: A Guide and Commentary
- Joseph Telushkin, Jewish Literacy, 2008 Edition
- Aleph Isn’t Tough: An Introduction to Hebrew for Adults